November 24, 2012

A piece of the puzzle



Have always loved the way November's spelled and pronounced.
Well, you see, I love how a lot of things are spelled and pronounced. (laughs)

Names are beautiful. They might be labels. They might be cages. But there's no doubt they're beautiful.

I'm always obsessed with names, definitions, explanations, theories, facts, figures, data and history. This sort of things fascinate me and calm me down. I don't know why, but when reality hits me hard and drives me crazy, they're what pulls me back from the edge. They are my escape from worry, my temporary refuge. Yes I know it sounds pretty weird, solid concrete things being my escape from reality, but for me it's true.

I love to imagine the story of a name. How it was created, how it had changed to become what it is now, and how it could still change in the future.

Like focusing on one little piece of the puzzle at a time.

It's my frail grasp on this complicated, intimidating world.

No comments: